If you saw my last post, you know that my hair can look a little messy. I shared a lot of tips to tame it down, but at the end of the day, sometimes it’s still a ruffled disarray of tangles and curls. In that past, I have tried straightening my hair to calm the sea, which worked the first two times or so… until the heat made my hair a desert and my curls because dried tumbleweeds spreading out across the lands.
Not a good look, not good for my hair. In fact, last time I had it straightened was by some Bumble and Bumble girls at a special event in Sephora. I was so happy to have a professional try their hand with my hair, for surely they knew something I did not. Imagine my disappointment when I examined previously healthy ends and saw splits and damage everywhere.
Needless to say when Irresistible Me contacted me about reviewing one of their products, my skepticism was pushed aside as curiosity grabbed the reigns. They claim their Diamond Hair Styler “will protect your hair and keep all the natural hair oils, color and moisture in, leaving your hair healthy, shiny and frizz free. The styling will last longer against air humidity and everyday stress.”
Not gonna lie, I didn’t believe it, but I so very much wanted to. I decided to try the product.
I am thoroughly impressed.
- Doesn’t heat up the outer plates. No burning your hands!
- The chord rotates with you! No catching!
- It heats up fast. No more going to make coffee while your iron warms up.
- It’s really lightweight so it’s easier to be quick. The lightness of this tool easily shaved off 15 minutes of my typical straightening time.
- I separated/sectioned my hair like they would do in a salon. I only had to go over each section one time before all the kinks were out. Previous flat irons had me going up to 4.
- It doesn’t dry out my hair! I repeat, it somehow does NOT dry out my hair. I had just gotten a trim when I first used this straightener and there are still no split ends! I can hardly believe it. Please note that I had just gotten a trim for these pictures, so my ends were ready for this challenge.
- Most of all, this straightener doesn’t feel too hot. I used the lowest setting since my hair is actually rather fine, and for the first time since I ever straightened my hair, my freshly ironed hair did not burn my fingers while rifling through it. Maybe that is also why I didn’t have split ends.
|Original Post Here|
|Original Post Here|
- Remember how last week I said I conditioned with oils frequently? Do not, I repeat, do not douse your ends with oil before using this product. We all know what happened when you mix oil and heat…
- After two days, my hair will start to get a tiny bit of wave back in them, like in the photos above. However, I think that has more to do with my hair than anything else.